Writing and Exploring Barnes & Noble
A really exciting time in November 2018’s writing contest was a four hour event that Esther prepared for us at Barnes & Noble.
We had a blast, finding authors, finding interesting opening lines, books with one word pages and other fun things.
Night of Writing 2018
Here are some of my answers:
1. Most interesting opening line
“The terror, which would not end for another twenty-eight years—if it ever did end—began, so far as I know or can tell, with a boat made from a sheet of newspaper floating down a gutter swollen with rain.” It by Stephen King.
2. A book with a one word title
Becoming by Michelle Obama
3. A book written by an author with the letter “X” in their name.
Felix J. Palma author of “Map of Time”
4. A book with more than 500 pages
Eldest with 1153 pages
5. Most outrageous character name
Patina by Jason Reynolds
6. A book that has won the John Newbery Medal
BUD, Not BUDDY by Christopher Paul Curtis
The night was a great time and it really helped keep the fire burning to make my 50,000 word count.